Monday, April 17, 2017

Takutsubo Everywhere

I am aware of a total business practice in this country. I have called it Takutsubo. The term is from cardiology. It refers to a Japanese octopus trap. The little octopus heads in, and cannot get out. It would have to put its tentacles together and to swim backwards to get out. Impossible.

It takes a minute to give a business money. It is impossible to ever get any money out. Try to cancel  a phone account, a magazine subscription. Try to make a health insurance company pay for treatment. It takes hours, if one can ever do it at all. One factor to think about is that no one will ever see any money from a life insurance policy. They will disappear. Once found, they will give us the runaround. Once that is ended, they will find something wrong with the application from 30 years ago. So on. Takutsubo is everywhere.

Takutsubo is a form of fraud in my view, since it is not disclosed in any contract. It results in unjust enrichment of the business. It is on my long list of litigation subjects.

I did make a credible legal threat to ATT. I was able to cancel my phone service quickly and easily. My threat was also followed by their advertising rollover minutes as their policy 2 months after my complaint to the FCC, a step required in litigation. I also refused to speak to their Vice President of Legal Affairs.

Right now, it has been impossible to use my Amazon $25 gift card. I had to find and use a magnifying glass to get the validation number and the card number. I am grateful, I did not have to find a heavy microscope. I entered a long validation code on a separate web page. I then entered the actual long number of the card into an order. I have done so three times. No. I have spent $100 in time to make it work. I am about to give up. They are going to just keep the $25.
Takutsubo.



No comments:

Post a Comment