Dog Training as Prison RehabilitationHere.
This article inspires some questions.
1) Animal cruelty is a hallmark trait of antisocial personality. What happens if an animal frustrates one of the prisoners?
2) Professional dogs such as seeing eye dogs, and bomb, cadaver, or drug sniffing dogs are worth $10,000. They can also be trained to detect bed bugs, cancer, pending death. Does this program allow for high value training? If it does, do any of the high prices paid go back to the prisoner trainers?
3) Is anyone afraid a prisoner will secretly train a dog to kill the police or guards?
4) It is well known dogs are racist. If a dog rejects a black prisoner, will this dog be sanctioned by being expelled?
5) I am sorry. Forget $10,000. "the TSA pays $218,000 in startup training costs for explosive sniffing dogs and then pays $158,000 each year after that. This money covers the salary of the dog handler, the dog’s food, veterinary costs, kenneling, training, and certification." Add this job to the list of missed opportunities by Prisoner Industries. I am sick of those dummies.